OA TROOP REPRESENTATIVE
We encourage every Troop to have an OA Troop Representative attend the Northwest OA Chapter monthly meetings.
The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth liaison between the local OA lodge or chapter and his troop. In his troop, he serves the Arrowman as well as adult leaders and Scouts who are not OA members. He encourages Arrowmen to participate in lodge and chapter events. He also works to strengthen the troop’s camping program.
- Appointed by Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader with Scoutmaster approval
- OA Member in good standing
Reports to: The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Trained by: Assistant Senior Patrol Leader with assistance from the Assistant Scoutmaster for Older Scouts
OA Troop Representative duties:
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop.
- Encourages participation in monthly camping outings.
- Encourages participation in summer camp.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Sets a good example.
- Wear the field uniform (class A) correctly to all regular troop meetings and religious services.
- Wear the activity uniform (class B t-shirt) to all outings and other troop activities.
- Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA Obligation .
- Shows Scout spirit
For more information about the OA Troop Representative program visit: http://www.oa-bsa.org/pages/content/troop-representative